Thread: Cmos battery Malfunctioning

Cmos battery Malfunctioning

Hi all,

I have dell Desktop 545 CPU, I always like to use overclocking. I a using time overclocking, the boot no display, usual, is the clear CMOS jumper record after a reboot. Yesterday when i came back from lunch it have boot problem occurred! when Boot BIOS check sum failure when prompted, press "F1" key can into the system, the system Time Automatically into the May 31, 2001 . Enter the BIOS can be seen, all the settings are all the initial factory settings. I think the CMOS have issue. Please help.

I think the problem with output voltage. It can refer to the power supply on the cover plate, if the voltage output to normal output voltage can be ruled out as the possible exception burned motherboard, this step is very important. The step is to measure the power again with the load, the output voltage remained stable, which also ruled out the possibility of low voltage power. Thus, the power failure is very small chance, but could still be problems, such as the power is not output Power Good, that is, we often say that the power good signal. check.

May be your CMOS settings incorrectly (for example, but not from the disc in the CMOS with slave). check the hard drive power cable, data cable, or may not take a good hard drive jumper set incorrectly. Hard disk diagnosis fail (when the implementation of the hard disk diagnostic error). This usually means that the hard disk's own fault. You can receive first hard drive to try on another computer, as if the problems that had to repair. Check and reply.

I have seen before the failure of CMOS battery failure, generally only occur "CMOS Checksum Error Report", setting is lost and so on, but will not lead to a black screen phenomenon or replace the battery first. For a new battery, I reset the CMOS, repeated testing, fault actually completely ruled out. Seems CMOS battery failure will lead to a black screen, I hope I can give you the experience to troubleshoot CMOS phenomenon encountered some experience. All the best.

You need to press F2 key to continue prompt start; when you press the F2 key to enable the system to boot, but in any case can not enter the Windows XP operating system, desktop, had to restart, press the Del key to enter the BIOS settings, but no other friends for a password, on the direct "went straight to" the; and also found the system time to stop in at 0:00 on the January 1, 1999, this should be the CMOS battery is the "standard phenomenon." Put a new battery and boot again, all devices connected to the computer obediently started, but still display "CMOS load Failure", re-enter the BIOS settings, and "Load BIOS Safe Defaults" entry load, this would smoothly into the Windows XP desktop. Check and reply.

Generally have two kinds of reasons, the first power supply problem, susceptible to interference. Second, power management in BIOS, which has a called "re-call state", that you call another computer after a sudden power failure state, there are boot shutdown and to maintain the original state of the three options, you can change the shutdown option and check.

CMOS battery is dead wrong will only result in time, the main chassis plug a plug, the host will automatically start up is caused by poor contact between plug and socket, do not believe the plug on the shakes to see if the ignition, but also shows the power quality is not good, Another is to set the power CMOS years since the launch. Check and reply.