Thread: LN55C630 Lcd Tv looses time in manual mode

LN55C630 Lcd Tv looses time in manual mode

I recently got this TV LN55C630 as a gift a week ago on my birthday by my uncle.TV is nice but I figured out when the time is configured to manual (have to cause of cable box Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300hdc connected with HDMI cable) it looses about four minutes per hour.

I did notice when we play the WII with a composite cable connection red, green blue and audio, red and white, it does not loose time. Is it a any problem related to the compatibility with the cable box or a TV issue? I also tried to solve this using factory reset and resetting the time by manual and still losses about four minutes per hour. Any idea, why it is going to be happen ?????
    Last edited by Beryl; 04-05-2010 at 11:46 AM.

LN55C630 LCD TV looses time in manual mode

Have you checked about this issue in the manuals that is provided to you earlier if not checked about this then please take a look on the manuals and find the proper solution for such type of bug. The problem can be solved by using the factory resetting but as you stated earlier that I have done it and after that problem not getting removed from the TV.

Hello again,

I tried to find out about the solution for such error in the manual but I am not getting anything there regarding such issue. I got there that how to perform the manual settings but nothing is explained there about actual error that I need to find out. Now, It loses about 6 sec's a min. In an hour it loses about 4 minutes.

But only happen with this with any HDMI connection one through four. I just moved out to the store and purchased a new DVD player with HDMI and new HDMI cable. Composite connections, it does not loose time. Even turning to composite on the cable box or new DVD player, it does not loose time. Possible to resolve it using a firmware?

Means, overall, you are getting the problem related to loosing the time with only HDMI connection and when you tried with other components to handle this event then nothing occurred and you are getting proper response than other. Then it is sure, your HDMI connection is not configured properly and you need some better way to configure it. You need to check the configuration for your HDMI . After completion the configuration , Be sure that everything is going OK then go for the HDMI for a DVD player. The SA box is junk!

My DVD player does not have an HMDI connection. I have that and my x-box 360 connected up through component cables. I had the cable though it and I was turning back and forth between the DVD and X-box, I purchased the HDMI cable would resolve that issue. What is your idea about this concept !!!!????

Re: LN55C630 Lcd Tv looses time in manual mode

After getting all the information about your issues with the whole conversation. I think , you should move for another technique. You need to get an Up-convert DVD player, they connected up via HDMI, look MUCH good than the progressive scan and your cable HD would not look much different through Component cables anyway. Up convert DVD players cost as little as 95 bucks.

Your DVI to HDMI cable will not run with audio. It is not occurred by the TV, it's your (and possibly the tech's) understanding of the technology. DVI distributed forst and able to work with only video. HDMI came just there after and carries video AND audio and is backward compatible to DVI but it is well copatible for video. If there is a DVI cable on either end you have commonly a DVI connection. Only HDMI to HDMI will work with both audio and video. Are you connecting the audio cables to the PC AUDIO in on the back of the set as guided by the manual?

As for making products that do not perform together, at the time the set was produced DVI was the better connection available. There is no method for any organization to predict and pre design for future innovations that might come two or three years down the road. I can not tell you how many users still have issues with the connection of their previous carried televisions to today's common peripherals like DVD players due to their set's only containing coax inputs on them. It is a lot. At the time the coax in "cable ready" TV was the Bees' Knees, now you require a UF converter to input new devices to them.