Thread: How is Display without RAM possible?

How is Display without RAM possible?

Hi,
    This is a very ghostly issue, Pleasy help me! I went to a cousin's place for a short vacation. He had a creepy old age laptop running too slow. So i ran a couple of softwares to check it. The RAM was showed as 256MB. When i ran mem86+ it showed me several error so i removed the RAM and was supposed to install a new RAM but meanwhile the RAM was not installed i accidently switched the latop's power button turning it on. To my surprise it started and was displaying all the bios stuff and all. When i checked it, the bios screen says it has 128MB RAM installed. Now what the hell was that? That freaked me out...! Anybody has any idea!?

Re: How is Display without RAM possible?

Hahaha... you got to be kidding....! Nothing such happens dude...! You don't need technical support you need a psychiatrist.... You are insane! God Bless You...!!

Hey!
    There nothing to worry X-man... Don't worry its not a ghost... In some old laptop RAM was hardwired onto the motherboard... And the RAM that you took off was an extension RAM. Anyways we need a psychiatrist for Mr. Baker. Remember "Incomplete Information is Dangerous." So stop laughing...!

Seriously guys lol ... I laughed here. I had to actually make an account to help out I laughed so hard.

Chances are you took out a single 128mb stick. Sometimes laptops have the memory in different places, the spot on the back is only the RAM expansion slot.

Check under the keyboard or in any other "compartments" behind the laptop.

Good luck.