Thread: Bezel Crack - UN55B8000XFXZA

Bezel Crack - UN55B8000XFXZA

We just bought this TV and just after having it installed on the wall, we find that a hairline crack in the frame and a small segment chipped out of the clear edge on the left hand side.

We were not confirmed that from where it raised because it could have happened with the retailer or when were were taking it home, or within the installer. We inspected at the shop when they opened the box, but they only destroyed the loose wrapping and not the protective tape within the frame. We actually didn't figured out that it at all until after the installer left. We talked about this to 800-samsung and were surprised to know the bezel is covered by the warranty and they are sending a local tech out to replace it. Just wondering if it is a common issue and if you are aware of what the "bezel" is comprised. Is it strictly the clear edge, or does it have the glossy face of the frame as well?

Hello Prateet,

There is a lot of complexities are included in your question, I am not getting what you are saying that's why unable to get your situation. It's usually pretty rare that bezels come chipped out of the box, but it's better to know that it's getting taken care of.

Bezel replacements differentiate by the model. I don't have a exact method of knowing what all will be replaced.

Thanks

Hardwareman,

Thank you very much for your quick response and I am so glad to know that you viewed my question and considered my problem . By the way, Given the model number I included in the subject line, are you unable to tell what encompasses the bezel on this specific TV?

Thanks.

In the latest LE37B652, I also got the bezel cracked,I have seen it the first time as it was mounted at the wall and I removed the protection band, too. The original transport package was running very fine , no sign of a shipping corruption or something like that related to any bugs.

I immediately called to the dealer, but he got not responsible because it was three days after the TV was shipped and we had mounted it. Then after getting this situation, I contact Samsung in Germany (with the refno #1007539355), but Samsung felt not to be responsible, they replied that need to pay money for repairing service that would go appr. 300 Euro, that goes to the half of the prize of a new TV. Finally, we decided to purchase only the spare part for 70 Euro an replace it by ourselves. That and the bad DLNA implementation are the causes not to purchase Samsung in future.

Hi everyone,

I am also running with the same problem and unable to get what's going on with my TV and tried to get help from the customer support but No help from them. This set just about a year know but I have just find out that the bezel both outside the display and on the thin layer of bezel around the display contains a load of huge cracks that make my TV look a right eye soar and I am livid about it,so I wanted to ask that I can get the bezel replaced by Comet where I still have one year cover with the TV or can I find the actual TV replaced running within the warranty period.Do you all have any suggestion regarding this !

Thanks

Re: Bezel Crack - UN55B8000XFXZA

Okey - I am not sure that what to suggest in such situation. Comet are unlikely to be any help, but you need to conatct them first and exhaust any possibilities with them first. Then after move to contact with these experts, they can be more helpful for you http://consumerdirect.gov.uk/

When I had to deal with Comet and they were being complexity about repairs, the thing that worked good was writing them a stern letter providing them a deadline: "I expect a repair or replacement within 14 working days". Critically, address the letter to them and then send it to RECORDED. So they can not pretend they did not get it, and also be sure that you CC it to your local Trading Standards Office and print that at the top of the letter. It scares the hell out of any harder organizations I have had to wrangle with and almost always leads to a speedy fix.

OK, I got it and considered about your issues. The thing about that you are talking is just like means Comet are more likely to provide you a latest model than they were before.otherwise no, they have to repair again the previously stuff. if you have some more confusions then fell free to post your more queries !!!!!!!!!

Thanks