Thread: Charging indicator flashing

Charging indicator flashing

Hello all,

I connected my oldie but goodie Dell Latitude in. I have not used this in almost more far a year. I don't know if that factors into it. The indicator light was steady green when I connect this in and about an hour after it was flashing amber. I have checked the manuals to solve the issues but there is nothing related to this issue in the manual. The problem is still going as well ??????

Thanks

You can take the support of the dell support system, you can get more and more stuff from there and look properly in the manuals and get the perfect solution according to your issues. .... You can take the support from the manual guide from the Dell official;and flashing yellow on the battery tells nothing.

Looks like Dell needs to be asked. If the computer works, why not use it? (you didn't write it was dead.)

question Charging indicator flashing

Hi all,

As you read the post, I have some issues with my laptop also that is close to the above problem. My battery charging indicator on my E 1505 would not stop flashing orange even though the battery is charged, anyone have any suggestion regarding this issue and how to stop this procedure ? The battery is well I have checked out and got it is running well . It does stay at 99% though, I don't know, what is the problem with this but because of some reason it would not move to 100% the battery is new. I hardly ever use the laptop on battery power.

Thank you very much ???

There may be some problem with your battery, and you already said that you have checked the battery then you need to test this behalf of the software dependency and hardware compatibility. If you mean that you leave the battery in the laptop while the AC charger is connected in then according to me, you should pull out your connected battery and then can take the batter out. After all those operations, you are finding yourself that you are unable to get back your status of issue then you need to look for the BIOS configurations. May be that can help you, check the battery health ...... ?

I am running with a dell laptop and My laptop's battery used to work completely and charge and display a green light flashing during getting charge. Now I am unable get the battery to charge and when it is connected in, I am seeing the charge light flash orange quickly four times, followed one longer green light flash.

The machine assumes to work well while connected, but would not did anything when it is not "plugged in"?
    Last edited by Fragman; 03-05-2010 at 03:44 PM.

(Dell D600 battery light flash issue resolved), I got four orange/red flash and single green flash dashboard battery indicator light dilemma and resolved the issues !! - By disconnecting the AC power cord and allowing the battery to properly drain out. I even rebooted the computer to drain out any residual energy the battery might have contained to make sure the beast was dead. After performing so, I connected the AC power cord again in, booted the laptop and the light no longer flashed such as a banshee. It is going fine with recharging and going well.You need to also do the same and I hope, it will be helpful for you ...

Re: Charging indicator flashing

I am also running with the same problem.I noticed the problem, This is what i performed to resolve it.

1. Let the battery run properly dead. (Just be sure that all your work is saved)

2. Complete charged battery (You may still have flashing lights but if you turn your machine on and swiched into BIOS settings, you can find out the current charging level)
    3. Once again run battery dead.
    4. Remove battery and wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
    5. Replace battery and use in normal operation.

The above procedure that I described here,really worked for me.you can try this..