Thread: ASUS G51JX-A1 speaker suddenly stopped working

ASUS G51JX-A1 speaker suddenly stopped working

I bought a new ASUS just before 2 weeks ago. this issue has been started two days ago, out of nowhere. I can listen to audio files using ear-phones, but I am unable to hear anything from my speakers. Oddly enough the initial boot up sound I can hear . Everything else on the computer works very well, as far as I can tell.
    Also does anyone know where I can get any English manual for such model, ASUS' website has 7 different languages but not in English. OS windows 7 and itunes: latest version but even Quicktime, windows media player are not playing. so it is not an itune problem.
    Last edited by Jake Tyler; 03-05-2010 at 02:19 PM.

There are some specific settings are handled there and you should see the picture. There are so many users forgot to check the proper option tagged with the pic. You can get the pic from attachment section.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The picture that you have attached with the post. Unfortunately, I don't have these entire options tagged in the picture . I have only two options:

1) Speakers (green arrow is here) Realtek high definition audio default device
    2) realtek digital output

I don't have the dual option as in picture. Do you have any more suggestions regarding the same ?

Sometimes, This issue can be occurred because of system dependencies. Actually, I have never had any issues with Windows 7 nor have I ever heard of any sort of purportedly. I have moved across, starting from the Windows 7 beta versions - wide-scale issue. My 5.1 audio is going well without any issues , just by installing the motherboard manufacturer's Windows 7 compatible drivers.

And that is all you required to do, as well. Just get the proper Windows 7 compatible drivers from your motherboard and/or audio controllers' manufacturers, and install them. Commonly, if those manufacturers decline to facilitate the absolute drivers, you are out of luck.

Hi everyone,

I only aware about the green arrow issues. ALL the computer differ in what that list contains. I must not write at length why that is but it does not have to match my list. In such scenario, we want the green arrow on the speakers.

All I can write is to system restore to when it come to perform well. I did not cover any basics about how to configure volume settings etc. Sorry,

I don't know if you have resolved it, but I had the exact similar issues and after testing everything and then after all I found the fix, so I am answering for future reference:

1)Go to the Creative Volume Panel
    2)Go to the CMSS panel
    3)Click on the surround button
    4)Check that Surround is selected .
    5)Go back to the CMSS panel and move the stereo envelopment slider to the center(or to the percentage that you want to set)
    6)Now, it's done !

Re: ASUS G51JX-A1 speaker suddenly stopped working

I have read and been told by some friends that the following solutions the problems some of the time:

1. Unplug the speaker system from the computer rear audio panel
    2. Remove the on-board audio from the hardware manipulation section "Add or Remove Hardware" option within Control Panel
    3. Restart the computer, install the proper driver.Now, Plug the speaker system again.
    4. Using the Sound applet found in Control Panel,reset the speakers for surround sound
    5. Restart the computer.

I suggest your check this forum: G51Jx owners lounge
    The info about the English manual is there.

@Jake Tyler>> Same thing just happened to me a couple days ago... headphones/earphones work.. but not the internal speakers.. it doesn't say a jack is unplugged/plugged in when i connect my headphones like the way it used to. . .

@Killen>> I've already tried system restore... didnt work

@Fabian>> with Creative Volume Panel... i didn't find this "CMSS panel" you were talking about

@Hardwareman>> Sir... could you please provide a much more detailed explanation

I've also tried reinstalling windows... no go... everything else works except that. . . so it's obviously a hardware problem

I have a similar motherboard. Recently my speaker and mouse both stopped working. They are not responding on the desktop. For the mouse I had opted for a usb support but for the speakers I can do nothing. I found that the slot which is connected on the motherboard is gone bad and the same is not detecting the connection.