Thread: Keyboard not detected in KDE

Keyboard not detected in KDE

Hello,
    Sometime under KDE my keyboard is not detected and this is the problem I have with my computer. I'm disconnect and reconnect: no key does not respond! (Even Caps Lock / Num). I can not switch (by [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [F1]) on a console, the only thing I can do is boot with the mouse a new session (with the same user without leaving the previous one) and then it works fine. But if I pass on the previous session, the problem resurfaces. If you have any other way round then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

hardware detection in KDE

Hello,
    learn the keyboard shortcuts if not look in console
    Code:
    cat / dev / input-mice
    If there is a reaction (I think it is very advisable to disconnect the hot ps2). Have you checked in the dev directory your operating system. See, if you can find some help there.

Re: Keyboard not detected in KDE

Hello,
    Is the problem reproducible on another account? Or another manager X? History to see whether this is due to user config, the interface or the X server. There exists no way to interact on a session from another coincidence? (Trying to save themselves at least can be) Just try this and if you have any error then please let me know. Thanks in advance

Hello,
    Is your mouse working? it's more annoying ... still
    Code:
    apt-get install matchbox-keyboard (virtual keyboard xvkbd)
    a virtual keyboard waiting for a USB keyboard?
    Code:
    ctrl + alt + F1 (F2) no more?
    the trick works for the keyboard as / dev / input / event (1,2,3). A desktop shortcut to blow up the console to test Xorg. I hope this information will help you.

Hello,
    Good question: it's very random as a phenomenon, it happens only "occasionally". For cons, the moment I write these lines, the problem is still on my session 0, while Session 1 runs correctly (the manager and the user is the same in both sessions)

can be inferred that (unless I am mistaken)
    - This is not a prior account
    - that the manager did not seem to be the cause

Hello,
    It is even worse than that because I can not use your keyboard (=> I did not know your matchbox-keyboard: it is great that!) Because my session 0 has keyed in a few minutes. The only device available for me to log is the mouse.

Hello,
    By the manip of " cat / dev/input/event0 "and fiddling with the keyboard to see what it gave, I had to do a combination of keys (other than [ALT] + E) m ' restarted X. The "consolation" is that I have on my keyboard again session 0" But the concern will reappear sooner or later, that's for sure: I leave So this post, and would open out of the shadows when X loses again north, no I meant the keyboard. However, a big thank you to everyone for your help.