Thread: Disappearing drive syndrome (Optiarc AD-7200S / AD-7201)

Disappearing drive syndrome (Optiarc AD-7200S / AD-7201)

Hello I have an HP pavilion system and it is been installed with Windows XP service pack operating system. I have a Optiarc AD-7200S optical drive embedded to the system. I have no idea but when I try to look out the drive is been missing. I do not know why is this happening? Please do help me out so that I can sort the issue well. Thank you.

Re: Disappearing drive syndrome (Optiarc AD-7200S / AD-7201)

The problem that you are facing is basically with the drive icon may be that the device is not been recognized by the system. So you need to check out for the drive that it is been correctly connected. This may be the reason that you are not able to work out or process the same. Do check out for the issue I hope you may then be able to work out.

There is another way through which you can make the issue to be sorted. Do check out in the device manager that may hep you out to get the issue sorted. It is that you need to make the driver to be updated and make the hings to be sorted well. I hope you may then be able to work or make the device driver icon to be shown. Check out.

It is very much essential and necessary that you check out for the firmware update. It may be that the firmware of the system is not supporting the system. Hence in order to get the issue to be sorted it is necessary that you upgrade the firmware and get it worked well. So do look out and make the issue to be solved.

It may be that the device may have some problem or the power is not been able to receive well to the system. In order to get the things work out well all you need to do is to process and sort the thing well for it. It is essential and necessary that the power consumed or transferred be well for it. I hope this may help.