Thread: Media not recognized when trying to use Lightscribe

Media not recognized when trying to use Lightscribe

Hi everyone,

I have been unable to print any light-scribe label with my Lite-on SHW 16H5s. Although the newest installed LS drivers including the LS diagnostic application and CP suggest that everything is well now. It detects the drive. Updated the firmware of the LS cd-dvd write using easier label from LS .

Both of the programs also detects the drive and when I insert a LS cd or DVD, they flipped up or does not detects the damn disc. I have now tried several brands such as memorex LS DVD+R, TDK LS dvd+R, Imation DVD+R and Verbatim LS CD+R Reading and writing with the drive is no issues. I tried entire options that I could get from the internet? Any idea .....???

Many Thanks!

Please help me out from this issue because I also am running with the same issue with my Samsung SH-S202N DVD writer that I purchased recently . It does not detect my HP Lightscribe discs. I am working with Nero 7 Essentials and Simple Labeler with the newest firmware and drivers. Other than that the unit performs well. Any help will be great for me.
    Last edited by Xmen; 30-04-2010 at 05:00 AM.

This is the suggestion for both of you. when you need to detect the disk of Lightscribe then you obviously will need the proper driver. This is the reason of the error, you need to install it as soon as you can. If you haven't installed then just install it and in case if you haven't installed. In case, if you installed then you need to perform the re-installation of the driver for Lightscribe then after you can be able to detect the disc of Lightscribe......

star Media not recognized when trying to use Lightscribe

My last resort before using such software was to take a completely clean brand latest lightscribe DVD from the package (memorex) and clean it with a soft cloth and maxell cd polish, cleaner and sealer. I cleaned entire sides and specially the center where I think the machine detects to read the current media type.

Well...unbelievably, the next insertion it execute an burnt the nearly exact disc it had been ignored over and over without any issues at all. It must be a very sensitive software or I have a dirty laser or something but it going on to perform well now and I am not going to changing any thing except cleaning my entire dvd initially ! I hope this would be helpful for you !!

Before using such software was to take a completely clean brand latest lightscribe DVD from the package (memorex) and clean it with a soft cloth and maxell cd polish, cleaner and sealer. I cleaned entire sides and specially the center where I think the machine detects to read the current media type.
    Thanks for your support and help and I am so glad to solve my issue. I have done the cleaning the DVD before inserting it into the drive fixed the issue for me!! That is the last thing, I would have thought about.

Now, everything is going fine and It's burning right now .....