Thread: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B won't load DVDs

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B won't load DVDs

Hey guys,

I just bought a new system with the following configuration-

Intel Core 2 duo CPU E7400 2.8ghz
    2gb RAM

After installation of windows, I just had some bare-bone applications installed . I was able to play and load DVDs without any issues. I performed the installation of so many programs and then tried to install Orange Box, that uses DVDs. When I inserted the DVD, it did not auto run. When I moved to My Computer to browse the contents on the disc,window getting open but in half and then froze (Not Responding) and would not show any information or any drives.

When I eject the DVD, My Computer un-froze and loads up, working properly. It going on with DVD movies as well.Any idea, why it's gonna happen like this ??

Hi Bansi,

The situation that you are describing here is going on just because of some in-capabilities of hardware and I think, it is related to the case of a hardware failure.Do you have any bootable DVD available?

If you have currently then, it can help you to troubleshoot the issue. Just go to check that you can boot your computer from that disc. You may have to change the boot order from the BIOS settings or come on to boot menu. Windows install discs prompt for using a key with a rather short timeout. So, keep on watching at your screen carefully for any warnings related to the installation setup.

question TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B won't load DVDs

Fine and first of all I will say thank you very much. But I have to say something about the incapability of the hardware. I will give it a try. Would a hardware failure commits even though I have only used the writer less than thirty times?

This is a newly computer and it purchased only a few weeks ago. I will give it a go though and get back. Anymore suggestions ????

Would a hardware failure commits even though I have only used the writer less than thirty times?
    The problem that you are getting can be happened with the newly configured system ,the new and young hardware also be effected with the same issue.

This is a newly computer and it purchased only a few weeks ago
    So you claim your warranty. Not a bad option either.

OK well, you are suffering with problem where as your computer is newly configured. I am having the similar model here and I do believe the issue is the same. but the method he said that the issue fixed on its own kinda that was very tricky ? I am unable to return to the store, since, I did went to the store, and checked it once again, it performed completely well .

If you are getting the same problem after applying all the activities but unable to get proper solution then you need to go for the manufacturer and they will suggest you about the problem....Thanks