Thread: Best DVD+R dual layer MEDIA

Best DVD+R dual layer MEDIA

Hello,
    I was finding an dual layer media for my stuff, please can me tell me which is the best dual layer media. Also, any more additional information on the dual layer is appreciated, because I am new to this. Thanks in advance

Re: Best DVD+R dual layer MEDIA

Hello,
    Do not bother about the quality. Is the "no-name" and branded media. Try to find "opinions" in the shop (many web shops offer that) and read if people are Experiencing Problems With The Media. Buy plenty of media and make sure you are using That burn-proof technology or similar. Do not burn it too fast. I hope this information will help you.

DVD+R dual layer MEDIA sturucture

Hello,
    Looked at the overview of Dual Layer DVDRW. Judging by the picture, describing the structure of DL-drive first layer - L0 is closer to the optical head, than the second - L1. If the entry begins with a layer of L0, then record the second would involve difficulties - the previous surface is "holed" recording - when passing through the beam has a recorded layer may be additional noise / distortion. It would be more logical to start recording layer farthest from the head.

Hello,
    As I understand it, bit setting is relevant enough for the old DVD-players. DVDRW - in this case "damn" because they simply need to recognize the disc (its type) - and, incidentally, there is great hope that it will correct firmware producers and they are least able to DL-discs read. But for the combo and DVD-ROM . The problem is the inability to read the second layer. This is serious. Probably will have to substantially improve the quality of titles and recording quality.

Hello,
    It is possible in principle, the option of recording on a single layer DL-blanks will be written on the top layer, while double-layer recording - the recording will start from the bottom. The data can eventually converted necessary for organizations to read. Although I was troubled for this manufacturers. I guess I am correct here.

Hello,
    I am talking about, as a stationary player budel recognize DVD + R DL, if he has no idea about the existence of this format. Perceived in these disks, DVD + R, he simply will not seek a second layer. Another thing, if the disc is DVD + R DL to see how the DVD-ROM DL. Then, without even knowing about the drive DVD + R DL and perhaps even on DVD + R, he may try to read both layers.

Hello,
    But in fact still not 8.5, and 7.92 GB. As, incidentally, not a 4.7-layer discs, and 4.38 GB. But if you have a gigabayte contains billions of bytes, and you would like to sneeze at 1024, and other nonsense, then, of course, you get 8.5 GB. Something I do not quite understand, the capacity of 9.5Gb is only a two-layer pressed DVD? Double-layer DVD capacity of only 8.5GB?