Thread: SSD RAID0 Trim support?

SSD RAID0 Trim support?

Hi there, I am having an issue which i need to solve with the help of you people. Actually i wanted to know that SSD RAID0 Trim support?. As am planning to set up one which i can manage my data on the same. But having no knowledge about the same. So that is asking the same with you. Hope to get the solution of the same from here. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Udyan; 29-04-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Re: SSD RAID0 Trim support?

As per your query let me tell you that this is not possible to get the Trim work over then RAID. If it wants to support the trim then at that it has to run through the Trim command which is almost impossible and difficult. Also the RAID controller is having the RAID BIOS which has to pass through the Trim which is again the difficult one.

Hey, As you are discussing about the SSD to work with the trim then let me tell you that this SSD Toolbox is not having the support for the Raid which is just a scheduler for the Trim to function on the preset basis. But when it comes to the support for the RAID then it is not possible for the RAID to work with the TRIM.

No, This not possible as when you do the installed the RAID driver at that time the Trim is automatically removed from there. So it is simply not possible to have the SSD RAID TRIM support. It can be only possible if the RAID will start supporting the same which will make the thing working but right now it is future hope. Thanks

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 9.6 supports TRIM in AHCI mode and in RAID mode for drives that are not part of a RAID volume. A defect was filed to correct the information in the Help file that states that TRIM is supported on RAID volumes. This is what i got on the Intel. To know more about the same click here.

Hey thanks for your help that you have given me regarding the same that i have asked about and your replies are satisfactory which help me know more about the same. But having one more query that is If i am planning to use the single SSD then which is the best one amongst SATA IDE mode or AHCI mode. Hope to get solution for same.

Quote Originally Posted by Udyan View Post
    Hey thanks for your help that you have given me regarding the same that i have asked about and your replies are satisfactory which help me know more about the same. But having one more query that is If i am planning to use the single SSD then which is the best one amongst SATA IDE mode or AHCI mode. Hope to get solution for same.
    As per my knowledge this is dependent on the SSD and the AHCI mode can give only performance boost only. So to flash firmware on SSD you need to switch to IDE mode.