Thread: Dell XPS display problem

Dell XPS display problem

I have installed a windows vista on my Dell XPS M 1330 on which i have got a display error and that time i have replaced my display by using my warranty. I have not been charged for this but since i have came back from my trip after four moth then i came to know that my laptop is not working properly as it shows vertical fine lines in all colors and what can i do further now?

Re: Dell XPS display problem

There would be something wrong regarding the drivers which you have installed in your windows vista operating system. This seems to be an issue with the display driver. You have to use genuine windows vista drivers on your window laptop. This can be installed from the bootable disc of your windows vista. But make sure that old driver gets deleted properly.

This could be the graphic card error which affects on a display of your windows vista. This is a hardware error which might be causing because of slow working or might happen that the graphic card which you have installed on your laptop have got corrupted. If you are using an integrated graphic card then you have to change the whole motherboard.

There might be some defects in your LCD as it is showing some strange vertical fine lines in all colors. I have never seen this kind of issue with the display but i think you should try connecting your laptop with an external display to see that is it only with your display screen or something with the system as well. If another monitor works then i think you are lucky that you have not faced any big issue regarding the screen of your laptop.

overheating could be the reason behind this kind of problems as it happens when your laptop does not have enough space to dump out the heat generating inside it. And in turn your graphic card gets heated and overall system gets overheated which might be resulting in the colorful lines on your display. I suggest you to clean up your laptop completely then try to start it.

I think you should directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this laptop. If you have bought this laptop just before some months and it is still under warranty then i think the time have came when you should use your laptop's warranty. You may directly contact with the Dell to deal with this problem but i guess it would be much bothering as you have to handle all the matters instead of a dealer.