Thread: Sound Driver for a Compaq Presario C700 Windows XP

Sound Driver for a Compaq Presario C700 Windows XP

Hello everyone,
    I formatted 'my machine, a Compaq Presario C700, and I can see more sound, a problem with the audio peripheral. I'd like to know where I can find a driver that works because I tried a little of what I have found myself out but my computer NO MEDIA DEVICE DETECTED. All I want is the Sound Driver for a Compaq Presario C700 Windows XP Hope that you guys be useful.!!
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: Sound Driver for a Compaq Presario C700 Windows XP

My friend was having the similar issue. He called me and then we searched a lot on the Internet. But we took a long time to find the drivers for the sound for a Compaq Presario C700 which should be compatible with the Windows XP. Actually we were getting for Windows Vista but not for XP. Also the drivers were not provided on an official site of Compaq (HP). So we find the drivers from the http://www.mediafire.com/?9duyqzcxwyh which was helpful for us.

You should know that after installing the Chipset drivers on Compaq Presario C700, you should install the UAA driver. You can get this from Microsoft's site. So you don't have to worry about it. After installing the UAA driver, you will able to insatll the Sound driver. Many people don't know this thing and they think that there is some issue with sound card. Hope that you have installed the UAA drivers.!?

You should install the sp34200 on your system. Then try to install the sound drivers in following manner :
    1. Open "Start / Run" devmgmt.msc
    2. Click right on Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
    3. Click the updated driver
    4. Select "Install from a one ...." (Do not attempt automatic)
    5. Select "does not seek"
    6. Click "disk supplied"
    7. Travel-ac: \ swsetup \ sp34200

There is little time, Compaq has released an offer to challenge then any competition in the low-end notebooks: the Compaq Presario C700. I finally took the time to switch to XP, only now it is being sold with Vista, and only with Vista. To install Windows XP, is the cross and the banner. First, make sure you have created disk restorations, sometimes you want to return to Vista, because even if you then want to reinstall Vista using the HP restore by pressing F11 on computer startup. When you start the computer, press F10 to enter the BIOS. Disable the SATA is not recognized by Windows XP. Rest you will have to so the things that you do normally.