Thread: Ethernet controller problem for 8250

Ethernet controller problem for 8250

Hi friends,
    I have recently formatted my machine which is Dell Dimension 8250. I have installed Windows XP as my operating system. I have also tried to install the drivers that I used before. I am confused that time it worked perfectly then what in hell am I not able to install it now.?? In the device manager, I have an exclamation point to my ethernet controller, and has been for quite some time. I have tried to install it many times but I am not succeeding. So thought that you guys might know where I am missing something.! Please tell me some solution for Ethernet controller problem for 8250. Thanks in Advance.
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: Ethernet controller problem for 8250

I will like to suggest you that you must download the upgraded driver of your Ethernet controller. Since you are using the Dell Dimension 8250, you can get an updated drivers and other things related to the Dell from the following link :
    http://support.euro.dell.com/support...&os=WW1&osl=EN
    Hope that your problem will get solved once you install the appropriate driver from the above link.

As you said that you have tried to install the updated version of drivers of an Ethernet, I think that you might not had installed Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility properly. I would recommend you to uninstall the chipset drivers and then reinstall the latest drivers of the chipset. Once you install the chipset drivers then try to install the drivers for the Ethernet controller. This time it possibly get installed.

You should know that the Dell produces its own motherboards and therefore, usual methods of identifying the ID of the Intel motherboard and subsequently, the included network adapter don't work. Also I would like to tell you that additional devices in the manager> your controller> update driver> path c: \ windows \ inf! have you already tried???? If yes, then I think there must be some hardware issue of ethernet controller. The 8250 has Intel Pro/100 M Network Connection Network adapter. (I determined this by installing Everest & viewing Devices > Windows Devices > Network Adapters after this procedure was completed.)

I think that you should download an Everest application. By downloading that it will give you all that is in your PC and links to the drivers. After you download the drivers from Dell for the machine's Service TAG. Print out proper install order copy them to the hard drive. Install the drives via double lift click (run) . Install the drivers in required order. By doing this your problem will get fixed.