Thread: Mouse And Keyboard Failure

Mouse And Keyboard Failure

I have bought a new Dell computer and I have to press enter key everytime to boot up the Windows. And there i got an error of keyboard failure and no keys are working on my laptop, Even mouse is not working at all. I have just bought this computer before some time and having this kind of problems. How do i start my mouse as well as keyboard. I have installed a windows xp on this computer.

Re: Mouse And Keyboard Failure

One of the following could be the reason the if you are using a bluetooth mouse or a keyboard and it is not working on windows operating system.
    1. The Bluetooth receiver in the portable computer is incompatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.
    2. The device signal is not detected by the signal transceiver.
    3. There is insufficient power to the device or to the receiver.
    4. There is a radio frequency conflict.
    5. You are running Windows XP, but you have not updated to Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later service pack.
    6. You have defective hardware.

If you are using an USB keyboard or mouse then i think there could be something wrong with the port given on your CPU and i would like to tell you that there might the possibility that there could be something wrong with your hardware as well but as you have bought a new computer, This seems to be bit impossible. Anyway i think you should try using your keyboard and mouse on some other computer which confirms that your hardware is okay in its condition.

I think as both the hardware that is keyboard and mouse are not getting detected by your windows xp computer system then there must be a problem in a drivers which you have installed for your windows xp os. I think you should reinstall a drivers for your windows xp by using using automated booting cd of Windows XP OS.

I have provided the simple solution if your USB keyboard and mouse is not working on your Windows Xp Dell. You just have to copy some of the files.
    Hccoin.dll from c:\WINDOWS\system32
    Usbehci.sys from C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Usbhub.sys from C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Usbport.sys from C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
    Now copy them to their respective locations by using floppy by booting into MS-DOS. And then check that is it working or not.

This seems to be a driver problem, actually when you install a windows operating system on your laptop and you find that it is not working properly then reinstall it again. Actually what happen here is that the drivers for older version remains unremoved from your computer and it interferes with the new drivers. You need to first of all remove the driver from your computer completely then begin an installation of new one.