Thread: Ubuntu karmic Koala mouse problem

Ubuntu karmic Koala mouse problem

Hi all,

I installed ubuntu in vmware. After installation problems with mouse. Position the mouse found a problem with the location of the mouse with the real location of a deviation. That is to click the location i'd like to have with a click on the location of the real deviation. Under the mouse in windows no problem. . What is it? Please help. Thanks in advance.

The use of wireless mouse in windows, when installed logitech's mouse and keyboard management software setpoint (to set the button action / battery management, etc.). That after the removal of the setpoint. In vmware, the wireless mouse and keyboard actions as ordinary as a wired mouse and keyboard. Useful in the natural keys. All the best.

The Solution of mouse problem is: install xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse. The command is Command: sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse. Then you can restart, as Ubuntu and host shared folder, the input method can not be encountered installation problems, accurately, can not use installed. But I believe that only take the time to go, certainly can be resolved. All the best.

We all know that in Ubuntu VMware virtual machine Installation after the system is the first thing is to act as VMware tools, it is a virtual system can be like a physical machine installation. The drive work as normal, but also make the virtual machine and physical machine better "get along", for example, do not need to hold down ctrl + Alt will make the mouse pointer to the free virtual machine and switch between the physical machine, but can also use the Ubuntu VMware virtual machines and physical machines sharing the folder, of course,Installation after the VMware tools and many features, this is only after you used to know. All the best.

Re: Ubuntu karmic Koala mouse problem

I also found that VMware nested by Ubuntu, the mouse wheel function is not found. I go Online to find a moment to say that the problem xorg.conf configuration file, change process:
    Code:
    sudo gedit / etc/X11/xorg.conf
    The "Input Device" section of this
    Option "Protocol" "ps / 2"
    Replace
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS / 2"
    My xorg.conf had no such statement, it added. Ctrl + alt + backspace restart X, or no effect. All the best.