Thread: Logitech x-540 speaker not working with Windows 7

Logitech x-540 speaker not working with Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my Acer laptop. I recently installed Realtek sound driver for my Logitech x-540 speaker but it is not working. When I boot up Windows 7 I get no sound at all. If I run the Test device the speakers plays test music, but if I play any music file nothing comes up. What am I missing? Can anyone suggest me why I am not getting sound from my Logitech x-540 speaker running Windows 7?

Re: Logitech x-540 speaker not working with Windows 7

I suppose that's driver compatibility issue. Did you tried installing the driver in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode? If not then try it and see how its works. All you need to do is install the Windows XP sound drivers and run the speaker in Windows XP compatibility mode. It should work in your case.

The solution is very simple and works in most of the cases. Go to Desktop, right-click on speakers (icon present on the taskbar at the bottom right hand side of the screen) > select "playback devices" > choose "properties" > then "enhancements" > enable "Environment (ROOM) and Speaker fill". This worked with my friend.

This is the problem of improper setting between your media player and the speaker. Here is the solution with the help of Windows Media Player as an example. All you have to do is using the Speaker Properties dialog box in Windows Media Player, select the audio device you want to use and change the speaker settings.

1. Go to Start, All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.
    2. In the Player Library, select Organize, and then select Options.
    3. Go to the Devices tab, click on Speakers, and then click on Properties button.
    4. Choose the options you want, and then click OK.

For example: Under "Properties", click on "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) and press OK button. Test it with any music file. It the speaker plays the sound then the speakers are working fine.

Did you checked your Device Manager if there is any exclamation marks or question marks? Kindly recheck it because you might not be having drivers installed properly which is causing this problems. It happens sometimes that the installation either stuck or fails at certain point and this results into further problem at the later stage. Also try to use another speaker just to reconfirm if that is not happening due to speaker being dead.