Thread: Mac mini display color issue

Mac mini display color issue

I have just bought a new mac mini which is connected to the pioneer vsx-1018 receiver via dvi-hdmi. And this receiver is connected to the samsung 50" 1080p plasma. Here comes the problem when change the input on my receiver to the mac mini as all colors are going off. Can anybody tell what is happening here?

Re: Mac mini display color issue

I think i have seen this problem somewhere at known place but do not know exactly what was the issue. I think you should try turning off your TV. Or you might try changing the resolution as if you have set the resolution to 1080p then lower it up to 1080i or 720p which must be showing all the colors back to normal. Or you must lower the MHZ as it can also solve your problem. But the only problem you would face that the low refreshing rate.

It seems that there an issue causing because of the cables which you are using to connect your TV with the Mac Mini, It is dvi-hdmi. Actually there would be some mistake in this cable itself. You must try another one to check that is it a cable issue or not. This will resolve your issue i guess as if there is anything wrong with your cable.

I think you should not bother about doing any changes in an input of your TV. Have you tried to connect your phone directly with the mac mini as it should be working fine i guess. But make sure that you have to keep on changing the receiver's input whenever you want to watch your TV pograms.

It could be the settings issue of your HDMI Control Mode. I would like to tell you to check if it is ON then you must try it by switching it off and vice versa. And it could be also anything related to the Digital Video Conversion settings which you might try changing it, If it is ON then make it OFF and vice versa.

I think i have figured out that where is the core of your problem. Actually there is nothing to do with the mac mini but the problem is regarding the receiver itself. As you must be getting a perfect display when change HDMI input from blu-ray to mac mini. And i would like to inform you that cable box is a non-hdmi source because of which it changes the colors.