Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MBA No Mic or speakers detected

Hardware Peripherals

Old 22-04-2010

MBA No Mic or speakers detected

Hi,
I have a MacBook OS X Leopard 10.5.6. I had installed some games in it now and added a new speaker and mic. I never had a problem once connected Mac OSX still detects my microphone. I recently purchased a headset with a microphone and a speaker. Since I plugged my headphones Mac OSX no longer detects my microphone.

Old 22-04-2010

Re: MBA No Mic or speakers detected

This can be a minor issue and just need some drivers update. You can firt try to use the system settings for the same. For this go to system preferences and then sound. Here you will find tabs entry / exit to set your input source which is usually the microphone, once connected, of course and your output which is the headphones or the speakers.
Old 22-04-2010

I too had similar issue only with the Mic. I went into system preferences > sound and my iMic is not available here. At any time that I turn my computer for over a week, I plug in my microphone and I check system preferences and it never appears. I plug anything else in the USB connection no problem it works. I have the same problem with my keyboard KeyStudio since I changed my MacBook to the aluminum that I have all my problems ceased devices one after another to function.
Old 22-04-2010

It happens commonly when some audio applications in your computer change the audio settings and set the sample rate to high. Due to this other applications are not able to work properly an cause a no sound is use. For this you have to remove those application first and use Qucktime or Itunes for audio support option. A update can also fix this problem.
Old 22-04-2010

Try to ensure that there is new audio driver support on your mac pc. You can check that by running a update. You can test the working by creating a new user in the mac book and then running the audio from there. It it works then you have to reset your smc again to bring all the things normal. But that wipes your data so that can be the last option.
Old 22-04-2010

When I connected a new Mic to the mac book a similar issue occurred in my case also. For this you have to setup the audio format frequency from the Audio MIDI setup section. To enable that go on Application and then click on Utilities. Then click on Audio MIDI setup and set the audio out format here. I had set the same to 441000.0 Hz and my sound worked now.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , ,