Thread: XFX GTX 295 Fallout 3 crashes in SLI

Satyrs Guest

XFX GTX 295 Fallout 3 crashes in SLI

Hi,
    I have a GTX 295 GPU support on my PC with 185.20 drivers. I am using Windows Vista and right I had updated the drivers 181.22. I did this because I had installed Fallout 3 and a current driver updates will make you pc to work much better. But the condition is worst here. After that my game crashed and the same is happening after a regular interval.

Re: XFX GTX 295 Fallout 3 crashes in SLI

Try to enter the Ultra settings of the card. Your card might be freezing and then your system crashed. For this I will recommend you to roll back drivers from Device Manager and checkout the same. It is possible that the drivers are not compatible with some windows component and due to which your system crashed. Try the old drivers back and check back.

In may case to the card works very slow in 2D. I am not able to get out nice fps out of it. I had checked that when the 2D clock come down to 300 and eats up the memory of 100 Mhz the system freezes. This is not enought strong. This can eb a sli issue which is causing the freezing error. I am not aware about the sli setup and can do nothing here.

Reload the old drivers back and the test your card. This can only be the optimum solution for you which can fix the matter. In 3D usually the GPU pops out error and cause system crash. Fallout 3 is a high end graphic game with needs a good system support. So if your system is not properly configured then this will not work on your system and you will notice constant crash.

Try once re-installation the game. From the game setting first put the game on minimum output resolution. If this works then your card is having some issues when you run the same on full 3D mode. This is basically a driver issue which is incompatible with current operating system. If you have any other graphic utility then just remove the same and check back.

In my case the game crashed when my CPU was overclocked. It worked for some time and then my system freezes showing BSOD. I had tired some settings but neither of them worked. I changed the overclocking software which found a bit helpful. Check your GPU is getting proper power supply when you run the game. Try to remove and re-install the GPU from your board.