Thread: No audio from Compaq CQ3180IX desktop having Windows 7

No audio from Compaq CQ3180IX desktop having Windows 7

I have the Compaq CQ3180IX which was earlier having the Windows Vista operating system and after that i upgraded the operating system to Windows 7 one month before. It worked properly for one month and now there is no audio from Compaq CQ3180IX desktop having Windows 7 operating system. So help me out in resolving this problem.

Re: No audio from Compaq CQ3180IX desktop having Windows 7

You are having the Compaq CQ3180IX desktop computer system which was having the Windows Vista operating system and you upgraded it to the Windows 7 operating system. So after that the desktop worked properly. but now there is a audio problem in this desktop. First of all make sure that the Speakers are connected to the system properly and all the audio settings are proper in the desktop.

You have mentioned that in your query that there is absolutely no issues with the Compaq CQ3180IX desktop till one moth from installing the Windows 7 operating system. So i will advise you to restore the system setting of the desktop back on the previous date when the desktop working properly with the audio. This will resolve the problem.

I think there is some problem with the driver software that you have installed for the sound card attached to the Compaq CQ3180IX desktop in the Windows 7 operating system. So reinstall the driver software of the audio device of your Compaq CQ3180IX desktop and restart the desktop to take changes effect. So try this out and revert back.

There is possibility that there is some problem with the audio setting in the Realtek HD sound manager installed in the Compaq CQ3180IX desktop for managing the sound output in your desktop. So i will recommend you to first check the audio setting from this software. You can go to this software from the control panel. check it out properly and change the setting if any problem.

If any of the above suggested methods are not able to resolve the sound issue of the Compaq CQ3180IX desktop in the Windows 7 operating system then according to me there is some hardware issue with the desktop or the sound card is not supported by the sound card of the Compaq CQ3180IX desktop. It is better to contact the Compaq for further resolvement of this issue.