Thread: Zotac GF 9300-ITX overheating

Zotac GF 9300-ITX overheating

I have Intel Celeron E3200 processor and i have installed Zotac GF 9300-ITX on it. I am using windows vista on this computer system. I am facing the very serious problem while playing the games on this system as it directly gets shut down surprisingly. My CPU was idling at 40-43C and MCP was at 76 C. Can anybody solve my problem as it has became much annoying to me.

Re: Zotac GF 9300-ITX overheating

There could be the lesser memory to support for your higher configuration as lesser memory support makes your computer heating much faster. As you have not provided the information about your computer system configuration it is bit hard to find out the exact reason for your computer's problem. I think you should check it out by using some other RAM to confirm whether it is a RAM issue or something else.

It might happen that the PSU which you have mounted on your computer have mounted wrongly. Actually you have set it such that it blows the warmed air outside the computer case. If you have set it in an opposite direction then it is but obvious that your computer is going to raise its temperature much faster which in turn makes your computer shut down without any warnings.

Even if you have mounted your PSU and fan perfectly, Your computer can get heated up to its unbearable temperature and finally it gets turned off. It could happen because there would not be perfect contact between the Nvidia
    chip and the heat sink because if it does not have exact outlet for heat then some of the heat would be affecting your motherboard and it gets heated faster and faster, specially when you play high graphic games.

I would like to tell you that there will be two heatsink provided on your board. 1st gen which is a silver chipset heatsink and another one is 2nd gen that is black chipset heatsink. If any of these heatsinks are not settled properly on your board then it would be giving you any kind of problems. Most common problem could be the shut down problem which you are facing now.