Thread: Confused with overscan and nvidia

Confused with overscan and nvidia

Hello, I have bought a new tv at my home and i have connected it with my computer system. I am facing the resolution problem while playing the videos on this TV through my computer. I have set native res as 1920x1080 but the image is going outside the screen. Can anybody tell me the way to solve an overscan problem which i am facing. I am currently using nvidia display driver.

Re: Confused with overscan and nvidia

I think it could be the problem regarding the display drivers as most of the unsupported behavior of resolutions comes from the unsupported drivers. I have seen this kind of issue on many forums and have found that it has been solved by installing the latest drivers. I suggest you to install the latest driver for your windows operating system but make sure that you install the driver according to your windows version as if it is 32 bit version then download the driver for the same and if it is 64 bit version then no need to tell that you have to install the driver for that version.

Most of the people finds that it would be the video card or drivers problem when you are having an overscan issue on your TV. Actually i have seen that TV's zoom mode can also cause an overscan issue. You have to disable the zoom mode provided on your TV such as an AUTO 16:9: etc. I guess you need to set it to the default which would be 1:1. Now you may check that is there a same issue on your TV or not.

I guess that there will not be any problems regarding the television as many television has different interpretation to deal with the content as they are not specially made to use as a monitor. I think zooming a bit inwards will help you not to have artifacts and info at the outer borders of the signal. I have tried the same because my TV is just typical antique piece which does not supports for such functions.

I think you should try using some other port on your TV or any other connector which might solve your problem. Check that is there any kind of special port given for the PC input? Actually my TV only shows perfect display only if use HDMI port #2 and rename the port to the "PC". This will let your TV know to accept the signal as 1:1 and if there will be any post processing effects then it will be disabled.