Thread: Computer not detecting internal Seagate hard drive

Computer not detecting internal Seagate hard drive

I have the assembled desktop computer system which has the 320GB Seagate hard drive. I have installed the Windows 7 operating system in this desktop computer system. This laptop was working properly but yesterday when i started the desktop then screen came showing that the Boot media not found. So the Computer not detecting internal Seagate hard drive connected to it.

Re: Computer not detecting internal Seagate hard drive

You are having the assembled desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 operating system. This desktop was working properly till the day before yesterday. Now it is showing that the boot media not found. So may be there is some connection issue with the Hard drive in your desktop computer system. So try starting the desktop by reconnecting the hard drive to the motherboard.

If the Seagate hard drive is not detected by the system again after reconnecting it to the motherboard then i think there is some problem with the SATA cable used for connecting the hard drive to the motherboard of the desktop computer system. I will advise you to change the SATA cable of this hard drive for connecting it on the motherboard.

It is also possible that the SATA port of the motherboard in your desktop is not working properly or it is damaged to which you are connecting this Seagate hard drive. So connect the hard drive on some other vacant SATA port available on the motherboard of your desktop computer system. This will fix the hard drive issue with your desktop computer system.

First of all make sure that the hard drive connected to the desktop is detected by the BIOS or not. If it is detected by the BIOS in the desktop there there is nothing wrong with the connection of the hard drive. If not detected by the BIOS then i will advise you to contact computer engineer for resolve this hard drive issue in your desktop computer.

It is also possible that the operating system installed on the hard drive of your desktop computer is got corrupted or the boot file is missing because of which the system is showing the boot media not found. So i will advise you to repair the Windows 7 installed in the desktop. You can do it using the installation disc of the Windows 7 operating system.