Thread: Hard Drive Upgrade for Inspiron 8500

Hard Drive Upgrade for Inspiron 8500

Hi there, I am having an issue with the Hard Drive Upgrade for Inspiron 8500 I have bought a new hard drive to upgrade the same device which is of the 260 GB and installed the same. after that when i get into the BIOS and checked it shows that the disk is of 137 GB only which is little upsetting. So help me with the same. Thank you.

Re: Hard Drive Upgrade for Inspiron 8500

As per your specification i have searched about the same and come to know that the Dell Inspiron 8500 are having the BIOS limit only upto the 137 GB. so you can't add the more this to your system . I think before moving to upgrade you should have to read about the upgrade to the Dell. So that all i can help you with the same.

According to Hardwareman if you cant add the more then 137 GB hard drive to your system due to the BIOS restriction. So why don't you upgrade the BIOS of your system so that you can get the new BIOS which might allow you to add the 260 GB hard drive to the Dell Inspiron . So if you like the suggestion then perform the same.

If all the above reply is unable to help you and you are tired of doing all this effort then let me tell you that now it is time to take the help from the Dell which might be aware of the issue and having the solution for the same. So contact the dell support and take advice from them regarding your issue. I hope this will work.

Hey there as you are saying that there is no support for the BIOS with the Hard drive more then the 137gb which i did not like it and i am not agree with the same. Because i have searched about the same and could not found one. So it is better to discuss the problem with the Dell support so that we can get rid of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxforu View Post
    According to Hardwareman if you cant add the more then 137 GB hard drive to your system due to the BIOS restriction. So why don't you upgrade the BIOS of your system so that you can get the new BIOS which might allow you to add the 260 GB hard drive to the Dell Inspiron . So if you like the suggestion then perform the same.
    I will take the advice regarding the same with the Dell and then if needed i will update the BIOS so that i can get the my hard drive working with the Dell Inspiron 8500. Any ways thanks to all for helping me out with the issue.