Thread: Temperature issues with XPS M1530 laptop

Temperature issues with XPS M1530 laptop

I am having some issues with my new XPS M1530 laptop. Whole time when i consider and find out that the cpu and gpu temperature is so high that is near to 80 C. It sounds like BIOS doesn't control the fan properly.

When I started some 3D application such as a video game, the temperature grows up until 100 C and computer goes to off immediately! 100 C is insane! When I purchased the computer, this event only happened after 30 minutes using the 3d application. But now, It becomes within only ten minutes and goes to shut down mode.

There is an application named as FanGUI. which is a shareware that allows one to manage the laptop's cooling fans. One can configure the temperature threshold at which the fans gets switched on, and can control the speed of the fan should go at each temperature. So, they could kick in at half speed at first to save power, then kick in to high gear when/if the temperature hits a higher threshold.

It is much complex to provide the description at all but the application is a real Godsend. Just perform an Internet search for it.

You can use the HWMonitor is capable to show all the values at appropriate result through which you can control over the temperature of your running device. It's facilitates with the following features-

• Capable to show CPU.
    • GPU.
    • Chipset and HDD temp and associated updates .

It also stores maximum values that is helpful For example. when gaming and checking the maximum comes to the temps afterward.The values are being displayed according to the section of the connected devices.

There are another methods that can also be implemented but you can't get the exactly the graphical view of the values but you can set it in other way. The temperature can be controlled in the way that you can manually decrease this by quite a bit by undervolting your CPU. Which can decrease the cpu temperature by 15C easily. You can also add some AS5 to your cpu as well.

Hello,

I have also got an XPS M1530 and having the same that you all have . I have had various issues with it right from when I pulled it out of the box. I have already transferred it in once on another problem and had the motherboard replaced. Now they told that they are going to transfer the with the same problem to someone over to replace the fans and the heatsink. I did already bought a zalman tech ZM-NC1000 notebook cooler and yeah it did help with the cooler the laptop will run for a fine 30 minutes before shutting itself down where as before it would shut itself down in only about 10 minutes into a game.