Thread: My Dell Vostro 1520 laptop is freezing

My Dell Vostro 1520 laptop is freezing

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Vostro 1520 from Dell UK before current week. It consist the following configuration :

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600
    3072MB of RAM memory
    Graphics Intel GMA 4500MHD
    Vista Business with 32bit compatibility

There are some issues in my laptop and freezes randomly - Accidentally mouse stops moving, keyboard stops functioning and I have to hold the power button for some seconds to restart it. What should be the problem with my system and how to fix it.

Thanks

You tried to perform any diagnostic operations or not. Have you checked your system components which is causing this situation.

There are so many tools provided by the operating system itself to control the operating mechanism of the system. Just check to be sure that are you getting anything within the Event Viewer which is indicating that which driver or component of the system may be causing the lockup?

You have done all the testing with your system and if you are not getting anything positive with your system then you should come beyond this...

Just try to disable the functioning of your anti virus software because it can create such type of issue and also configure the setting for boot time. If it's not that scan the computer system with spy both find and destroy that tests for malware not detected by anti virus software and if that displays nothing then you need reinstall the operating system using restore disks which came up with your PC once you have backup up your data.

Hey, I got this problem so many times and fixed it. However, there are so many users got this situations where are they have enough system hardware configuration. Take a rebooting of the system and press F12 to select diagnostics. run the diagnostic tests and if anything comes up ring dell.

It is looking like same as my problem. My laptop is working fine but sometimes it goes freeze for two or three times in a row.

I made the contact with Technical support on Tuesday, they suggested me to run diagnostic test. It was not displaying any error and they tried to convince me that it was the issue with my installed windows or any third party software. I find it hard to refund. Besides, .That makes it even harder to refund. You need to do the same , just call to Technical support or Sales service to refund your laptop or if they can solve the issue then fine ?