Thread: Puzzling PC to LCD TV color loss problem

Puzzling PC to LCD TV color loss problem

I purchased a LCD TV and here is the simple configuration for that. Vista Home Premium, ATI Radeon 512MB video card with two jacks: DVI, which goes to my 19" LCD monitor, and VGA, which I connected to the new LCD TV (TV has also component, and HDMI jacks).

I have joined a different cable to transfer audio from PC to TV. Connection is accurate, audio,video is also working well but the colors are different on my monitor in comparison to TV. Generally, it looks like TV display lacks red color. For example, when computer goes to starts, my computer monitor displays correct red Compaq logo, but the same logo is bluish on TV.

Hello friend,

I am also getting same problem related to the color resolution but in my case, there is only one thing. I was working on only, TV is no more there.

I am also getting the screen status as you are getting but you need to care about your connection with devices. Check all the connection with proper manner specially you need to look under the connection of display.check entire video settings, uninstalled, reinstalled TV monitor .

In this case, I will suggest you some different and you need to re-size your displays for now:

PowerStrip is one of the utility that can provide you the massive control over your graphics hardware with the sophisticated color correction options and tools, period level adjustments over screen geometry, and driver independent clock controls. PowerStrip is the really gold-standard across a broad spectrum of game users from home theater to more than that .

The issue that you have currently that can be resolved in your display card software.
    The DVI and HDMI inputs use overscan same as entire TV sets. You required to shrink the desktop to make adjustment inside the overscan area. DVI-D/HDMI is the difficult method to go. Most LCD-TV sets have VGA connectors intended for computers and video game consoles. These commonly don't overscan so you can see the whole desktop without zooming .

Feed the VGA port with the closest match to the display's native resolution. Usually this is 1366x768 (WXGA) and then check the TV specs.

It is assumed as red is not there or very minimum. One thing more, Have you tried to configure the advanced graphics configurations for the TV ? You should be able to configure color hue and intensity in different way for the TV if you have the proprietary ATI drivers installed. If red is minimum, you may be able to compensate but if it's missing completely you would not.

Commonly, when a component color is going to be miss then it's called a hardware issue.. either incompatibility between devices or a broken cable. You've eliminated the cable possibility.