Thread: XP Pro Drivers - Satellite L505D-S5965

XP Pro Drivers - Satellite L505D-S5965

If anyone be able to help point me to the right tendency on finding Windows XP drivers for my Satellite L505D-S5965 laptop. Presently bought it 2 weeks ago and no luck. I cannot even install WInx XP pro. I maintain getting the blue screen of casualty. I had tired additional tools for working the drivers but nothing help here. Still I am facing comparable problems.

Re: XP Pro Drivers - Satellite L505D-S5965

The difficulty is that Windows XP does not have native SATA hold up so the XP install disk does not observe the drives on a SATA controller. Your XP disk in addition requirements to be at a Service Pack 1 level or higher. You have two alternatives to do this. Put together the SATA drivers into the disk. You determine to necessitate substituting the AMD SATA drivers for the Intel and JMicron drivers used in the tutorial as your computer uses an AMD chipset.

For this you have to go into Bios Setup, come into view under the ADVANCED tab and modify from AHCI to Compatibility mode (this merely runs if your model has this alternative, not the entire do). Once you have finished installing XP, install the entire of the drivers, and then reset the bios back to AHCI mode for best possible presentation. I do not know where to locate XP drivers for that system though.

The Toshiba is merely providing a couple of the drivers at this point in the US. The European location is down for preservation at the moment so you cannot verify there. When it comes back up you be able to check there to observe if they have them (they frequently have XP drivers the US does not have). You determine almost certainly necessitate looking for drivers for an L500D with the short name of PSLM0E. If they do not have them you will necessitate determining what the entire of the chipsets you have and go to each of the manufacturer’s website to download drivers (AMD, Realtek, Marvel, etc.).

Do you essentially know what are the accurate drivers for this model to facilitate SATA under XP. You have to downloaded the South Bridge drivers from the AMD/ATI site, but I do not believe those are the accurate ones. Wonder if anybody has had accomplishment with this. Even subsequent to setting SATA mode to "compatibility" in BIOS, your original version XP install CD would not correctly be familiar with the hard drive at the entire. But using XP w/ SP2 runs great.

The entire you might locate in the Internet was that its model name must be Mats hit a (in one word, of course) UJ880ES and that Mats hit a is the similar as Panasonic. And SATA drivers for XP would be actually, really pleasant. You have to set Compatibility mode for at present, but you have to believe it would be much superior to have correct SATA drivers. And you have not got even a name or anything to exploration for it.