Thread: Bluetooth Detection of service failed

Bluetooth Detection of service failed

Hello to all,
    I have Qosmio x505-Q830 laptop and I am using Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 with it. It don't have any problem until last night. From last night I unable to connect my mouse with my computer. I unable to pair my mouse with my laptop. I don't know why Bluetooth Detection of service failed. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Bluetooth Detection of service failed

You might need to make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth devices, or set Windows to alert you when a new device tries to connect to your computer. To do this, you need to control how your computer pairs with Bluetooth devices. To control how your computer pairs with Bluetooth devices

1.Open Control Panel by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
    2.In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.
    3.In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:
    • To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer. When a Bluetooth enabled computer is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other Bluetooth enabled computers or devices. This is sometimes called pairing mode.
    • To allow Bluetooth devices to connect to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
    • To be notified when a Bluetooth device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

First try to open Services (services.msc) and check that whether Bluetooth service is Started or not. You have to set Startup Type to the Automatic to get rid out of this problem. To get more infortmation on how to Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device go to the following link.
    Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

I think there is some problem in your Microsoft bluetooth mouse and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your software of bluetooth mouse to get rid out of this problem. You can get software for your bluetooth mouse at the following location.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK

If there are multiple Bluetooth devices connected to your computer, temporarily remove the devices that you are not troubleshooting. If there are additional USB devices, try removing any USB devices that you do not have to have installed during the troubleshooting process. If you have multiple devices that are connected by using USB, this can interfere with a Bluetooth transceiver.

1.If your Bluetooth device uses batteries, make sure that your batteries are charged.
    2. If your Bluetooth device uses a transceiver that connects to your computer through a USB port, try connecting the transceiver to another USB port on your computer.
    3.Verify that the Bluetooth device that you are troubleshooting is powered on and that it is enabled.
    If you still have the same problem then use following steps.
    First go to the Device Manager -> double-clicked on the Realtek entry -> now choose the Driver tab -> now choose Roll Back Driver to go back to the previous version -> after restarting your computer, you will not get any problem.

I finally solved my same problem by doing the following
    1. Go into the Toshiba Bluetooth Manager
    2. Go to the "Other" tab
    3. Enter "Bluetooth Local COM..."
    4. Delete all of the ports tha you can. Some You won't be able too.
    5. Try to detect the mouse again.