Thread: Hard Drive Capacity Discrepancy

Hard Drive Capacity Discrepancy

Hello, I have recently bought the Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960 Laptop. It is having 320GB HDD with Windows Vista Operating System. But, if I checkout the Drive Properties I come to know that it is only having 287 GB Hard Drive space is available. And 67 GB is used and 220 GB free. I want to know the details about the discrepancy. If you are having any detail about this, then please provide that to me.

Re: Hard Drive Capacity Discrepancy

Hello, I think it is the problem from the manufacturer. You need to make use of the contacting to the manufacturer for this problem. So, that you will able to simply replace that and then solve your problem. So, simply give call first to the Toshiba regarding that and then you will able to get the solution for this, either by repairing or by replacing.

Hey, I have got some new details. I think you are checking the Binary size for your hard drive and that is why you are getting such type of the value. If you simply make use of the details below then you will come to know the problem behind this. So, simply do that and get solved for your problem.
    • Drive Size - 320 GB
    • Approximate Total Bytes - 320,000,000,000 bytes
    • Decimal Capacity - 320 GB
    • Approximate Binary Capacity - 298.02 GB

Hello, I think your remaining part of the hard drive is not yet partitioned and that is why it is showing you this problem. So, if you want to checkout that then you need to right click on your my computer. Then you can simply make use of the manage option. Then you will see the window. Then from that select the Drive configuration. Here you will get that unpartitioned space. Simply create a new partition for that and solve your problem.

Hello, As you have recently bought the Laptop, you can simply ask the details for it from the Toshiba. They will give you details for this. As if you are having the real problem then they will simply change your hard drive and then you will get solved for your problem. So, simply do that and then solve your problem. It will simply solve your problem without much more work. So, just do that and solve your problem.