Thread: Qosmio X505-Q850 plays very low sound on 100% volume

Qosmio X505-Q850 plays very low sound on 100% volume

I have bought a new Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q850 but there is something wrong with the speakers of this laptop as when i played BD DVD on this laptop then even on 100% volume it is not playing the sound very much low. For god sake i should be missing some setting instead my speakers are not well for playing the sounds. Can anybody tell me where i can go wrong for the sound settings? I am using windows 7 on this laptop.

Re: Qosmio X505-Q850 plays very low sound on 100% volume

I have one way by which you can increase the sound of your laptop speakers but note that it enhances the sound of your speakers which does not mean that your speaker have got well in case they are not well. Go to the Control Panel from the start menu and open an Uninstall Applications. Here you have to go to the Dolby application and select for the Modify, NOT UNINSTALL and disable it. Now go to the Toshiba folder and inside programs and tweak where you can make your sound louder but be careful as making much louder sound will vibrate your laptop speakers.

I think there should not be anything wrong with your speakers as you have recently bought this laptop. There might be some kind of settings which you have left. Go to the Control panel and open Sound. Now switch to the Playback tab and double click on the speakers which will open Speaker Properties and then go to the Enhancements Tab and enable the Loudness Equalization which will definitely make your laptop's sound louder.

As you have bought a new Toshiba laptop just before some time then i would like to tell you that you if there is anything that you feel is wrong with the in built speakers of your laptop then i suggest you to use the warranty of your laptop so that you can at least get new speakers in your laptop if there are any kind of faults in speakers. I have seen many new laptops which comes with the low sound speakers but toshiba replaces those speaker with another good one and even they have replaced whole laptop system.

Many time it happen that you keep on rounding the volume of your speakers but the volume does not increases up to the expectations. There could be some minor settings have gone wrong such as look at the system tray on your windows 7 operating system, there is one speaker icon, double click on it and check that all the bars at the 100 % or it might happen that you have installed some kind of sound managers such as Realtek so you may check the volume from there as well. If there is no problem in both of these then you may reinstalling the sound driver on your windows 7.