Thread: DVD player of Satellite A505-S6005 is very loud

DVD player of Satellite A505-S6005 is very loud

Hello to all,
    I recently bought a cool new Satellite A505-S6005 laptop. When I insert my first DVD to check video and sound quality, the player start very loudly so that I had to turn off the sound to hear it. Vibration of the laptop also terrible. To protect any damage, I remove that DVD from my laptop. Anyone experienced this problem? I don't know why DVD player of Satellite A505-S6005 is very loud? Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: DVD player of Satellite A505-S6005 is very loud

Have you check that whether DVD player is only LOUD? It means have you tried to play high end games, playing youtube videos, iTunes, etc. I think there the problem is related to Loudness Equalization which provided by the Realtek. You have to turn it on to get rid out of this problem. You can do this in the following ways.
    First go to the Control Panel -> now go to the Realtek HD Audio Manager -> now check the box next to the "Loudness Equalization".

From your information it seems that you have install some pirated or some low quality of DVD in your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to use some original dvd in your computer. If you didn't get any problem with that new dvd then it means that your old dvd is faulty one.

Have you check that whether you have insert your DVD properly in the cd tray? If not , then first check that whether you have put your DVD is properly or not. If you does not put your dvd in your dvd player, then it will come out while spinning and it leads to vibration and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Just remove that and again insert it.

You have to use "CD/DVD DRIVE ACOUSTIC SILENCER " to fix this problem. It is used to slow down the speed. You can do this in the following ways.
    First go to the Control Panel -> now go to the "SYSTEM AND MAINTENANCE" -> Now go to the "CD/DVD DRIVE ACOUSTIC SILENCER" option -> now there you will find setting for the "SILENCE MODE " -> just adjust it when playing CD's and DVD's.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in the DVD player of your laptop and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to use another CD or DVD in your DVD player. If you get the same problem with that dvd then it means that your DVD player is faulty one. In this case just replace your laptop with new one from the Toshiba service center.

unsure

None of these solutions have worked for me. I have the exact same problem, with the exact same computer model. Just got this computer for Christmas. I just recently tried to play a movie on it and it got really loud and there was a tremendous amount of vibration. Concerned that it might damage the computer, I removed it and began to search online to see if this was normal. I'm confused.

Maybe it IS normal. I doubt it, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlekid View Post
    None of these solutions have worked for me. I have the exact same problem, with the exact same computer model. Just got this computer for Christmas. I just recently tried to play a movie on it and it got really loud and there was a tremendous amount of vibration. Concerned that it might damage the computer, I removed it and began to search online to see if this was normal. I'm confused.

Maybe it IS normal. I doubt it, but maybe.
    I think that it is normal because usually noises in optical disc drives (CDs, DVDs, etc.) are vibrations caused by an imbalance in the disk as it is spinning. While most CDs and DVDs are balanced just fine, sometimes a label or sticker on the disc can create an imbalance in the otherwise evenly distributed weight of the disc.

unsure Re: DVD player of Satellite A505-S6005 is very loud

Quote Originally Posted by t.j. View Post
    I think that it is normal because usually noises in optical disc drives (CDs, DVDs, etc.) are vibrations caused by an imbalance in the disk as it is spinning. While most CDs and DVDs are balanced just fine, sometimes a label or sticker on the disc can create an imbalance in the otherwise evenly distributed weight of the disc.
    Okay, I've read about it on other websites. It IS normal, but it's just what that model does. It's not because of the imbalanced DVD, it's just what all of these models sound like.
    However, I still don't like it because I can't even hear the movie. Anyone help me?
    Last edited by fiddlekid; 21-02-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Clarification

question Re: DVD player of Satellite A505-S6005 is very loud

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    You have to use "CD/DVD DRIVE ACOUSTIC SILENCER " to fix this problem. It is used to slow down the speed. You can do this in the following ways.
    First go to the Control Panel -> now go to the "SYSTEM AND MAINTENANCE" -> Now go to the "CD/DVD DRIVE ACOUSTIC SILENCER" option -> now there you will find setting for the "SILENCE MODE " -> just adjust it when playing CD's and DVD's.
    Um, mine doesn't even have "SYSTEM AND MAINTENANCE" and when I search for "ACOUSTIC SILENCER" in Control Panel it comes up with no results... I am thoroughly, completely, utterly, certainly bamboozled.