Thread: Fujitsu Siemens laptop’s Operating System not detected

Fujitsu Siemens laptop’s Operating System not detected

I have a Fujitsu Siemens laptop. I had kept a big file for download which needed 3 hours to complete. I had left my laptop on for download to complete. After 2 and half hours when I returned, the laptop was showing black screen with text saying “operating system not found”. I rebooted it many times and also checked BIOS, but still nothing happened. Can anyone please help me?

Re: Fujitsu Siemens laptop’s Operating System not detected

It seems that there is a problem with your hard disk. You must have unknowingly bumped laptop on some hard object to loosen hard disks connections. You can try disconnecting hard disk wires and reconnecting them. If this fails, you can download manufacturer’s utility drivers and burn them on CD. They don’t need an O.S. to execute. It will test the integrity of your system.

It can also happen due to missing drive. Another useful tool that may com handy in this situation is SeaTools. It too doesn’t need O.S. to operate. Burn it on CD and run it on your laptop. It will detect missing drive and notify you. In such situations, many times even CD drive doesn’t work. So, if you are able to access BIOS, it can be executed even from external drives or pen drives. Using pen drive takes more time than it takes for a CD, so be sure to plug your laptop on power cord.

Another cause of this problem can be that dust must have accumulated in the internals of laptop. Try dismembering the parts and cleaning them. If not aware how to do it, I suggest you seek professional help.