Thread: LED Flashing on Toshiba Portege 4010

LED Flashing on Toshiba Portege 4010

I to a great extent necessitate someone’s help. I have a Portege 4010 which I had to open up to eliminate the CD drive connector which had broken. I put the laptop back together and at present I am having most important dramas. When I plug the AC adapter in (without the battery pack installed) the AC adapter LED light on the pinnacle of the screen (1st of the 6 LED's on the pinnacle of the screen) is green but as soon as I push the power switch to boot the system, the green light goes off for regarding 1-2 seconds, then starts blinking amber and nothing occurs. No screen, no HDD wind up, no fan nothing but an amber flashing AC LED display light. The only method to stop it flashing is to pull out the AC Adapter.

Re: LED Flashing on Toshiba Portege 4010

If you are having the battery pack in and attach the AC Adapter, the accurate similar thing occurs, but if you pull out the AC Adapter and leave the battery pack in, it determines still persist to blink orange this determine only stop when you pull out the AC Adapter and eliminate the battery pack as well, leaving no power going to anything (perceptibly). You cannot locate any certification on the net or in the physical (downloaded PDF description and hard copy version) nor be able to or you locate any forums or instances where anyone has had this difficulty to suggest what it may be.

As you announce the first one is your power display, the second one is the disk drive right of entry display, the third one is the battery display and the fourth one is your wireless network card display. If the battery display is flashing red that would specify to you that the battery is moreover in a state of charging or is dying and requirements charging. Probably the system might necessitate a innovative battery as the one in it has reached its life cycle expectation.

Subsequent to a bit of investigate on the internet it seems that a blinking green light on a power cord specify a short. It is the power element trying to twist on and then the auto shut off kicking in then trying to revolve off etc. Regrettably there is not much you are able to do regarding this problem unless you are an electronic engineer. The only thing you be capable of do is an illustration examination of the parts to assure none of them look injured and desolder resolder if you imagine you originate the culprit. You would advise not to plug the power into the laptop in anticipation of subsequent to this is done as a short is likely to cause additional issues.

Most of them are having the similar difficulty with this Dell D610. The power cord died so you have to purchase an innovative one. Regrettably, the innovative power cord is the one that has the blinking green light. The difficulty is not the power cord possibly it may be the of motherboard. If the power supply is blinking. Than alter it with an innovative one. Or take somebody else charger and formulate a test.

For this you have to eliminate the battery, press and grasp the power switch for regarding 20 seconds, put back the battery and restart the system. If the difficulty persists, get the laptop repaired by an experienced technician. As if you place it in the fridge, that might cause moisture scratch and demolish your laptop and moisture damage is not covered under warranty so if it did occur you would be up for big bucks.