Thread: Mute button and PowerCinema Button don't work

Mute button and PowerCinema Button don't work

I am having Toshiba A305 laptop. It is working fine except the Mute button and the and the button for open PowerCinema do not work. This problem is occurring only in the window 7, and the Ubuntu operating system is working fine. I think there is a problem with the window operating system can anybody helps me with this problem of Mute button and PowerCinema Button don't work.

Re: Mute button and PowerCinema Button don't work

I think your problem is related with the sound driver. Means you have not installed the sound drivers properly. The reason for that may be the driver cd you are having is not proper. So, I will suggest you to download the driver from the official site of Realtek. I think this will definitely solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply I have visited the Realtek website and downloaded the Realtek driver and when I tried to install the driver then I found that I am having nvidia card and the Realtek driver is not supported on my laptop. Can you give a better solution for solving the problem? I will be waiting for the reply

According to me you should remove all the window drivers on your Toshiba A305 laptop and then try to re-install the drivers from the cd which is provided to you with the laptop. If the sound problem is not solved then download the drivers from the Nvida site and download those drivers from its official site. This will definitely solve your problem.

Try these step this will definitely solve your problem
    First as mentioned in the above reply, download the latest driver from the official site of Nvidia.
    After that go to
    Control panel -> system/security -> system -> advanced systems settings -> Performance (visual effects, etc) -> settings -> Now adjust for the best performance.