Thread: No Sound from Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6965 Laptop

No Sound from Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6965 Laptop

Help, just bought the A505 - S6965 notebook two days ago and updated Windows. I see today that no sound is coming from the onboard speakers. Mute is off. However, the sound does play through the headphone jack. I have reloaded the sound driver, but this does not solve the problem. Device Manager is not showing any problem, and displays that all the signs are working. Therefore, I need help on the issue of No Sound from Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6965 Laptop

Re: No Sound from Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6965 Laptop

Follow these steps may be this will help you.
    1. Right click on the speaker icon which is in the system tray.
    2. Now click on the “Playback Devices”
    3. After that click on the “Speakers”
    4. Now click on the "enhancements" tab
    5. Then mark the “Loudness Equalization” box.

Thanks for the reply
    However, my original question, I cannot get my sound back, I went to my last restore point. Then, a few days later, install some software, this problem from happening again. Solution, I went back to my last restore point to fix it. I have to install more software, because, but no more problems. It now has about two weeks and more voices and cutting out no problem. However, I still will try your solution and hope that it never happened!

I have the same problem. Recently, I tried the audacity to take my USB turntable. I do not know whether this indicates the problem, but it is when I found my voice did not work. I have also updated my drivers, but it did not work. I called Toshiba, they do the same thing at the end suggest a system restore point.
    In the end, I removed the battery for a few minutes and now, sound on the old system restores point. Restored again to most current restore point and I still have sound.

I also have the A505 - S6965 running Vista Home SP1 64-bit. Today, I lost the speaker volume. However, headset is working properly. It happened when my computer's battery ran out and I was streaming Internet radio at that time. When I resumed, there is no speaker volume. Restart the computer, but still no sound. I changed the user, but still no sound.

smile Re: No Sound from Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6965 Laptop

Here is the solution.
    Step 1. Shut down your computer
    Step 2. Take out the battery and unplug charger power cord from the computer and the wall.
    Step 3. With the battery out and charger unplug- hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
    Step 4. Put back in the battery and plug the charger into the wall and computer.
    Step 5. Once in- turn on your computer.

That should fix the problem with the sound! WELCOME

Had the same problem with Toshiba Satellite A505. I plugged in headphones and then when I removed them the laptop speakers would not work. Domepieces solution worked! I guess the switch inside the jack is not just mechanical it is ELECTROMECHANICAL! This means that when their is power it holds the switch closed (or open?), so, shutting down, disconnecting AC power supply, removing battery, AND holding down power button for 10 seconds discharges all the electricity and the switch is released. STILL A PROBLEM THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AND THE SWITCH IS A BAD DESIGN, BUT THIS DOES FIX THE PROBLEM (that is until you use headphones again)

i have only had the no sound from the on-board speakers happen once. if you have to continuously fix the no sound problem- you might want to get your laptop checked out. it might just be your sound board/card.

ThumbsUp Re: No Sound from Speakers on Toshiba A505-S6965 Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by domepieces View Post
    Here is the solution.
    Step 1. Shut down your computer
    Step 2. Take out the battery and unplug charger power cord from the computer and the wall.
    Step 3. With the battery out and charger unplug- hold down the power button for 10 seconds.
    Step 4. Put back in the battery and plug the charger into the wall and computer.
    Step 5. Once in- turn on your computer.

That should fix the problem with the sound! WELCOME

Thank you very much for this !! HElp me out alot and fixed my problem.. THANKS!! YOU THE MAN!!