Thread: Chicony usb camera doesn't work in Windows 7

Chicony usb camera doesn't work in Windows 7

Hello,

I have a Satellite A305-SP6803 that is working very fine with Windows Vista Ultimate 32 but After installation of Windows 7 Ultimate and I updated all the drivers that were going to miss and I in the last, I got camera did not appear Chicony nor the category of "Image Device" in device manager . I am sure that the issue is not from the connected hardware and may be the compatibility issue with windows 7 and webcam.

There is some internal issue is going on with the system, you need to update that with appropriate version.

Have you upgraded to the newly BIOS V 2.00 for the dedicated system? I think that will fix your problem and can be truly applied on Win7. You need not to update the BIOS from within windows. Double click on the file you download to extract the files, then choose the make a CD option. Create the self booting CD (you can use a CD-RW so you don't waste a disk) then boot to it to update the BIOS.

Just after the installation of Windows 7, yeah that should be the clean installation ? When you complete the installation of the system , you need download the Windows 7 64-bit compatible drivers and software from the the device manufacturer website where you can get all the dedicated and applied drivers according to the category of models?

For drivers, Move to the European download site and find out the Satellite A350 with Short Model No. PSAL6E.

If the problem is not solved yet then please uninstall the web-cam from Device Manager and then install that again with the help of following steps dedicated below:

1. Click on the Start menu find out the Device Manager to type device manager in Search bar or can be accessed from my computer icon also.
    2. Double click to find the web-cam.
    3. Right click on the web-cam and then click Uninstall.
    4. Reboot your computer system.
    5. Install the driver of web-cam suggested with appropriate model.
    6. Follow the steps 1 as same and go forward for another operation.
    7. Find the web-cam, right click on that and select "Scan for hardware changes".

I was also suffering with the same issue but I did some another operation related to windows 7 . I partitioned the hard drive and performed a clean install of Windows 7 while leaving Vista intact and within a dual boot mode. No webcam in Win 7, but still functioning in Vista.

I copied the program over from Vista to Windows 7 but there was no any solution for that . The Toshiba Software Installer unable to detect the webcam program for Win 7. So I got suggested with one friend and came up with this link to Win 7 webcam programs. http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ng=Camera+Assi...

However, my Model number and name # is not listed, I installed the most latest Windows 7 - 64 bit version and it working fine now .