Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X305-701: Can only get two speakers

Toshiba Qosmio X305-701: Can only get two speakers

I have installed a windows vista operating system on my Toshiba Qosmio X305-701. I have attached 4.1 speakers to this laptop but the problem is that only two speakers are showing on my laptop. Subwoofer is not working as well as another two speakers. Can anyboy tell me what could be the reason behind this?

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X305-701: Can only get two speakers

I think this is a sound driver issue so i suggest you to update the driver for your windows vista operating system. If you have not installed a sound driver for 4.1 channel speakers then your all the speakers would not be working. I have seen this issue on many computer system which has been sorted out by installing the latest drivers. Now you may check for the rivers for your sound system.

As you said that the subwoofer is also not working then there could be some kind of hardware problem in your sound system. If only two speakers are working on your computer then too woofer should be working with those. You may check playing the whole system on some another computer system. I have connected the 2.1 channel on my computer and woofer is working perfectly.

I think you need to do small settings to enable all the speakers which you have connected with your windows vista laptop. First of all go to the start menu and open Control Panel. Here you would be having an icon for Sound And Audio Devices, click on it. In this settings you would be having all the sound devices which has been connected to your laptop so it might happen that you have selected the 4.1 channel there. Or there might be some other wrong settings.

It might happen that you could not find a perfect sound driver for your Toshiba Laptop for using the 4.1 channel on it. But i suggest you to use any other drivers as well no matter it is for another model of the toshiba laptop but make sure that it should be for windows vista only. And as you have not specified the version of you windows whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit which also affect while installing the drivers.