Thread: Toshiba Portege M300 not functional using battery

Toshiba Portege M300 not functional using battery

Hi,

Is there any one suffering with the following issues?

1- I have Toshiba Portege M300 is not functioning on battery and working when plugged in a power socket.
    2- The LED indicator of battery charging is flicking constantly when the notebook is powered up.

Do you all have any solution regarding this and what is going wrong with that ? I am sure that battery is now well because the laptop has the similar problem even with a new battery.

Here can be so many reason for this problem. Your notebook is not working when you plugged out your notebook from the power. I think your battery is no longer to use you need to replace the battery that you are using. The direct power for your laptop can occur some serious issue in future.

First of all , you need to try the cleaning the interaction of the battery. Just use an eraser from a pencil that is clean.

Then after, test the battery light. On the front of the laptop to the left of the long orange lights which can be off, there are two small lights. The leftmost one is green when the laptop is on. What is the status of the one next to it (off, orange, or green)?

Yeah ! That one is now orange, and it going orange whenever I plug in the AC power that indicates that the battery is now charging.

I will use the eraser stuff , if I can find where the interacts are on the battery. I used to taking it off and looking at it, but there were some deep grooves in the battery, the contacts According to me are in the grooves that are about 1/8" in diameter.

The laptop will over time discharge the battery. You should Remove the battery and be sure that it has been charged to 40% and keep it in a dry and warm place. Make sure that it is covered properly in protective way and nothing will be dropped on it.

The battery needs to be re-installed every 3 and 4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge. Placing a battery in storage for more than this without using could cause the battery to fully discharge as the circuitry of the battery itself consumes power. You need to replace the battery now and purchase a new one with the secured procedure.