Thread: Windows 7 32-bit Pro Serial Port Issue (16-bit application)

Windows 7 32-bit Pro Serial Port Issue (16-bit application)

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 32 bit operating system. I have a serial port on the back panel of the system. The problem is that I am not able to establish a connection from it. I do not know why is this happening? Please do help me out so that I can make the issue to be sorted. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 32-bit Pro Serial Port Issue (16-bit application)

The issue could well being related to the card or the slot that is been embedded to the board. You need to check out for the same that the slot is not been damaged or not able to respond. There may issue appended to the same due to which it is not able to function. So do look out for the same. This may then help you in making the problems to be sorted.

It could be that the drivers related to the hardware may not be functioning well or not able to get worked. You need to look out for the capable drivers for the board using the system which may support for the same. This would then help you out o make certain changes in order to get the port to set with. Install the drivers that is compatible.

You need to use another account in order to make the thing to work out. It may be that the device is not getting to work well or establish the connection. Install the drivers using the administrator account. This may then make the device to get a connection established. Hope this should get the issue sorted well. Do look out.

It is basically been related to the user account that you may be using. This is the thing that needs to be worked out in order to make the issue get sorted. Make the UAC account as Never Notify to disable UAC. The may then help in sorting the issue. Hope you may get the application or the device to get worked out in order to perform well.

It may be a issue that is related to the operating system that you are using. It could be that the device is not able to upgrade to the latest driver that needs to work out. So it would be better that you install the driver under safe mode option. This may then make the thing to process well accordingly. Hope to get a better solution.