Thread: Installed windows 7 on Dell Studio 1537, Integrated microphone no longer working

Installed windows 7 on Dell Studio 1537, Integrated microphone no longer working

I have recently upgraded my Dell Laptop by installing windows 7 on it which was windows vista previously. But from when i have installed this latest operating system on my computer, Microphone is not working at all on windows 7. I do not know what is the problem behind this but is getting much problematic for me as i have to make many voice calls from my laptop. Please help somebody.

Re: Installed windows 7 on Dell Studio 1537, Integrated microphone no longer working

As you have upgraded your Dell laptop with the new operating system which is a windows 7 then you must be using the same old one driver for the microphone device on your Dell laptop. I suggest you to search for the latest drivers provided on an official web site of windows 7. I think your problem ends on the installing the latest drivers.

Re: Installed windows 7 on Dell Studio 1537, Integrated microphone no longer working

I have tried installing all the latest drivers for my Dell Laptop microphone but it is just not working at all. I am getting exactly what is the problem behind not working of my microphone on windows 7. Even windows xp drivers on it but it is also not working. I am using the 64 bit version of the windows 7 operating system.

I think you have installed a windows 7 64bit on your laptop which has been seen to have this kind of microphone problems. I would like to ask you that is it showing question mark or an exclamation mark in front of Device Manager. I have searched for the drivers for your laptop on Dell website but have not found anything so you must try to do it by installing the vista drivers for 64 bit version.

I have provided you the solution if your microphone is not working on 64 bit windows 7. Right click on the logo of speaker given at the right bottom of your screen and click on the Recording Devices. If there is nothing in the Sound window, right click in window click on the "Show Disabled Devices". If you see mic/aux/Stereo Mix then right click on the Stereo Mix and click Enable. Now set that device as default by right clicking on it. Make sure that microphone has been not set as mute.

First of all make sure that you have putted the microphone in a right jack then make sure that the hardware given on your cabinet is supporting perfectly. Check the following settings in your volume of the recording device in the Mixer.
    • You can click Start and type "sound" in the search field.
    • Click on the entry that appears and click on the Recording tab.
    • Click on the Microphone entry once to highlight it, then click Properties to check the level (volume).
    • You can also click configure to setup the microphone if you have not done so yet.