Thread: Sony Vaio vgn cr220e webcam issues

Sony Vaio vgn cr220e webcam issues

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have a Sony Vaio VGN cr220e webcamera plugged to my system. The problem is that as I upgraded my system to Windows 7 from Windows Xp it has stopped detecting. i have no idea what could have been the issue. Please do help me out to make the things to function. Thank you.

Re: Sony Vaio vgn cr220e webcam issues

The problem could generally be with the driver or the application that is been installed in order to make the device to cope or work with the system. You need to check out for the issue that is been related or any bugs that may be appended. It would then make the things to workout well for you by scanning the application or the system for errors.

As you have upgraded the system with Windows 7 it may be that the drivers that is been installed is not been upgraded and hence it is unable to respond to the same. You need to look out for the updated tools for the webcamera that is been plugged to the system. Do look out for the issue that may be causing the same. So it would be appropriate that you perform a clean install to the system.

It can be that the driver tool is not compatible with the operating system that you use. So it would be essential that you look out for the compatible tool or make the driver to install to the system under compatibility mode. Right click on the .exe file of the installer and then make it to install under compatibility mode for Windows Xp. This may then help the driver to respond well.

Install the compatibility tools for Windows XP or Vista under Windows 7 from the compatibility center. This would then help in making the driver or the application to respond to the system well. This is because the application tool would then use the feature of the same that it would support from the compatibility tools. So do check out for the thing.

Update the driver for the camera from the manufacture site. You may get the updated tool or driver from Sony's website and then make it install to the system. All you need to do is to search for the driver form the device manager option and then update the driver that may be downloaded or installed to the system. This will then help in making the issue to be sorted.

I just addressed this issue on a friends laptop and the only method that fixed the problem was posted on a different microsfot forum.

quote from 'Hakster'
    "In case this didnt work, try this:

Go to update driver USB VIDEO etc.. go for the option you have DISK, than make a pause, Run the same driver downloaded for VISTA and wait to hit the next button, then: Go to your temp folder, and search for the last folder created, there you will find the *.INF file. Select it, and Voila!

it works!!! in webcam companion 2.

Temp folder is in: Users/(user)/AppData/Local/Temp/

just look for the time you run the DRIVER FILE from sony. and look for that folder. "

that fixed the problem for me perfectly though i still did run the Windows Vista driver install with the windows vista SP2 comparability option selected in the properties of the install file. Verified to work with skype as well.