Thread: Dell 968w Can't find Scanner

Dell 968w Can't find Scanner

I have a Dell 968w all in printer. I am using this printer since last six months. I had no problem till last week. I don’t know what happen to it. This printer includes scanner, printer and copier. It is an wireless printer. It is attached wireless to my home machine. Everything is working fine except the scanner. I could print without any issue with it. Problem is that I am not able to scan anything from it. I have already installed the driver of the printer what could be the problem please let me know friend. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell 968w Can't find Scanner

It mostly happens due to the driver problem. It should happen when you will not have installed the driver for the printer. But you are fine with your driver. It may happen that your dell printer is not getting proper power supply. So please unplug the power cable. And plug it again then switch on the printer button then try. It may go bad for some time or because of some error while last scanning. See whether you can see the light is on in your scanner. Lift the cover to see this. If you don’t get any kind of the light then your scanner is bad you need to repair it.

Thank you friend for giving your opinion on m y problem regarding the dell printer. As you told I have followed all the instruction given by you. But it does not worked for me. There is no issue with power supply. I tried it many time. I left the top cover of the printer that is used to scan a paper. I found that light is on and I am able to see that there is device on which light is attached is moving. So it means it is working perfectly. I think there is no issue of the hardware because it was working fine last week.

Hello friend my point of view there is problem due to the driver. So please make sure that you can see the scanner icon on the my computer. If you can see that it means that you have installed the Dell scanner software in your machine. Go to device manager from the control panel and make sure that you are not disabling the scanning. If it is so please enable it and then try to scanner a paper and see is it working perfectly. Otherwise you may have bad driver.

If you are able to see the device from the device manager list it means you are connected properly. There is issue with your driver. The driver you were using might be gone bad due to any reason. So I will suggest you to uninstall the driver that is in your machine. Then disconnect your printer. Reinstall the software that come with printer after the installation reboot or restart your machine. Now connect your printer to your machine. Let see whether it is working or not. Even though it is not working there would be the problem of hardware please get repair it.