Thread: HP Laserjet 5000n printer not visible in control panel

HP Laserjet 5000n printer not visible in control panel

I am using a custom made desktop installed with windows 7. i am also using a HP Laserjet 5000n printer, The printer works absolutely fine even though it appears as it is not detected by the system. I cannot see HP Laserjet 5000n in the control panel . Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: HP Laserjet 5000n printer not visible in control panel

It appears as you have connected the HP Laserjet 5000n printer to the parellel port on your system. So Right click on the computer and then select properties. check whether there is a printer properties option available. Since you have more than one printers installed ion the system hence you are getting this error.

This problem is because you have not added the printer properly and hence i would recommend you try to install the printer once again and also try to remove the printer which are not being used. remove the printer from the system and then connect it again this will open the wizard again and follow the steps properly to get the printer installed now check the control panel it should appear.

It may be due to an error in the registry in order to resolve this issue you can try to use the registry editor but at your own risk. use the Add/Remove Hardware tool to remove printers or use Registry Editor to delete the registry entries for the specific printer in the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBPRINT Now reconnect the printer and install it carefully

Most probably the problem is due to a virus which is present on your system. Since the virus which is present on your system is not allowing the printer to be displayed. First of all install an antivirus on your system to get rid of this virus then delete the drivers and all the stuffs related to the HP printer. Try to install it again from scratch.

The printer here is not appearing on your desktop mainly because you have not installed the Hp software which came along with the printer. Try to install the application on your system with only recommended options do not go for the custom since you are not very much familiar about this application. Hope this will definitely solve the issue.