Thread: Toshiba IDE 1 Error

Toshiba IDE 1 Error

Hey guys , I am in trouble so can you help me please !!

My DVD/CD-RW drive icon has been disappeared from my computer. I was installing required software from a cd , completely not paying attention to my Toshiba Satellite A55-S306's battery. In the middle of installation, the system gets shut down and switched into hibernation mode. After restarting system, A black screen came and displayed "IDE 1 ERROR". I desperately get beck my dvd/cd-rw drive again. How would I go about resolving this issue?

Toshiba IDE 1 Error

There are so many optical drives attached with Toshiba laptops are not configured in cable select mode and LG CDROM drives contains a switch in the rear side that enables you to select the desired mode such as slave or master.

In case, you are not running with the LG drive , you will have to open your optical drive and solder the 45 and 47 pin's together in the rear connector .
    I also tried it do twice and working fine...!

Toshiba IDE 1 Error

Well “IDE 1 ERROR” during system start up indicates you that the BIOS is unable to detect your drive. You need to try for reconfiguration of drive to enter into BIOS, just unplug it and insert it again. Also you can try to re-flash upgrade for the BIOS. I think, it would not be helpful for you, the drive is bad itself or (I hope not!) the controller on the board is bad and need replacement for the system board. The other way, I will suggest you to try to use an external portable USB drive.

Thanks

Toshiba IDE 1 Error

Hi dear,

I was also suffering with the same problem and solved it from the BIOS. As other members suggested that the problem is being generated from the BIOS settings and it is right.

Move to CMOS setup and change the cd\dvd drive setting to slave and save the configurations. This error causes because drive is set to master by default. After saving the changes restart the system and see if Windows now detects it and it functions. I solved my issues after doing the above, then updating the BIOS, then setting it back to master again in cmos and never had the issue again.

Toshiba IDE 1 Error

Hello guys,

It's for you all, whatever the reason of error I am not sure about that and will find the solution of this error but please pay attention on some facts.

The Master and slave options are adjusted on the drive itself, not from the BIOS. And commonly , The laptop drives are specially and already configured for master because there is either 1 hdd and/or 1 cd/cdrw/dvd drive. You need to enter in BIOS again and set them to auto detect, but you can not change the master and slave settings from the bios/cmos.