Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2010

Keyboard and mouse is not detecting in linux

I am using Debian linux machine and getting some problem When I login into machine and then after some time keyboard and mouse is not being detected and I am not in situation to input something.

I also have a problem when I issue ssh command to the server then after some times, The terminal is got hanged up. Why it is happening.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010

hello dude,

You have very strange problem . Have you looked for BIOS settings or not . Select option ~"Enable USB keyboard" then after your keyboard would work properly .
Are you using PS/2 mouse or USB and also perform Linux restore and in that process and try to configure the exact mouse type from the list . may be it can help you to solve your issue.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2010

Thanks for your help but I don't have any problem regarding that you discussed. I am using USB mouse and keyboard is PS/2.

The problem occurs when I enter into the system with proper login procedure, I am able to get interaction of both devices during startup and can enter user name and password but after login accessibility from the keyboard and mouse goes away. Please help to resolve this.
Old 01-04-2010

I think you are suffering the issue from the hardware disabilities,there are some faulty or unsupported hardware in the system preventing your way to access the devices.

I need your system logs using some advance command that can decide what's the status of your system and what are the changes and configuration is needed to do with linux. The following command are used to get the diagnosis of the system -

$dmesg
$chkconfig --list
$/var/log/messages
Old 01-04-2010

To short out the problem,you can use this method manipulated in steps would be as follows

1. Open the terminal and issue the following commands :

sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

2. Add the entry as "i8042.nomux=1 locale=en_IN i8042.reset" at the end of the line starting with kernel.
3. Now save the file and restart the system.
4. Now try to access the devices and if you are having any problem don't hesitate to post comment .

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , ,