Thread: Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A Problem

Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A Problem

I am using a custom made desktop installed with windows XP working absolutely fine till yesterday. I tried burning a CD with the help of Nero 7. when i inserted a blank CD the CD was not recognized by the cd drive. Hence i though that the problem might be because of the CD so i checked it with another system and it ran absolutely fine. Please help me to solve my Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A Problem.

Re: Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A Problem

This ,might be due to the driver it appears as your driver have been corrupted and they needs to be installed once again on the system. Open the device manager and then Right click the cd drive then select properties and locate the drivers this will definitely help you to resolve this problem. Hope this helps you.

The driver which is installed currently in your is not proper and hence you need to install the drivers again. This time you should download the driver from the official website of the DVD rom manufacturer. Then roll back the previously installed driver and install the new driver this will make the drive working .

Sounds like your system has been infected by a virus which has corrupted the Nero application and hence you need to uninstall all the traces of the Nero application fro your system and then try to install it once again from the scratch. If this does not solves the issue then you should get your cd Drive repaired.

I think that your dvd drive have been damaged and it needs to be repaired and hence i would like to suggest you that remove the drive from the cabinet and then take it to the nearest service station or to a hardware professional and get it repaired there after repair connect it again with the system.