Thread: Pioneer DVDRW Drive not working DVR-K16

Pioneer DVDRW Drive not working DVR-K16

My dvd rw is not detecting any cd or dvd. I am using a Pioneer dvd rw with my custom desktop. Even though i can see the drive on my Desktop it won't read anything i have checked it with a number of disc and still the result is same. What may be the problem Pioneer DVDRW Drive not working DVR-K16 Suggest a solution.

Re: Pioneer DVDRW Drive not working DVR-K16

Sounds like you are having problems with the drivers and hence you need to update the virus definition. Open the device manager and then right click on the Cd and dvd drives select properties and then you need to select update drivers. After all you have to locate the drivers that you need to be installed.

I have updated the driver from the device manager but even this does not seems to be helpful since after the updation of the drivers still i am not getting the driver installed on my system and hence i need another solution to get rid of this problem any ways thanks for taking interest in solving this issue.

The problem isn't with software or with drivers. its hardware probably your DVD lens would've got lot of dust / dirt sticked to that making it unable to read.it happens for everybody after few years and when you dont clean your DVDs before inserting tray. So it is advisible to let that for a perfect service or try lens cleaners.

First of all check the connector cable you may face this problem even when the cable connector get damaged. Try to check the dvd rw drive with the help of another cable connector. Or try it on another system. IF it works on another system or when you use another cable connector then change the connectors and your problem will be solved.